Columbia, MD 21046
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There are times that we close to accommodate off-site outreach programs or staff schedules.
- Appointments are not necessary, but are strongly encouraged so that we may be able to serve you better.
- Barbara Kellner- Director, 410-715-3103
- Jeannette Lichtenwalner- Archives Assistant/Digital Coordinator, 410-715-6781
- Robin Emrich- Archivist, 410-715-5518
Welcome to Columbia Archives, a service of Columbia Association in Columbia, Maryland. Columbia Archives is the primary resource on the history of the planning and development of the planned community of Columbia, as well as the life and career of its visionary founder, James Rouse. Columbia Archives serves researchers at every level, and welcomes residents and visitors who wish to learn more about Columbia’s past, present and future.
Free event on Oct. 4 in Columbia introduces CA’s new Wibit inflatable water play features
While the SplashDown flumes at Columbia Swim Center are being replaced, Columbia Association (CA) will offer the enjoyable Wibit inflatable water play features. All are invited to play at the free Wibit Opening Bash on Sunday, Oct. 4, from noon to 5 p.m. at the Swim Center, 10400 Cross Fox Lane in the Wilde Lake Village Center.
Clothing drive running in October and November at Columbia Association and village buildings
To you, it may just be a winter coat you don’t often wear or a piece of clothing that no longer fits. But to community members in need, those individual donations add up. That’s why collection boxes are being placed around Columbia for Columbia Association’s (CA) seventh annual clothing drive organized by CA’s Youth and Teen Center and its Teen Outreach Committee.
- Columbia Community Building Speakers Series presents Don Elliott on Oct. 28
- Ghana Fest 2 on Nov. 8 continues celebration of Tema, Columbia’s newest sister city
- Fall Means Fun in Columbia