Job Posting: Marketing and Graphic Design Specialist
Job Title: Marketing & Design Specialist Division: Marketing Reports to: Director of Marketing Department: Comm & Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt Salary Grade: 5
Job Type/Status: Full-time,benefit eligible Hours: 40 hours/week
CA Membership: Fit&Play eligible
Apply directly online:
Use the form below to submit an application for this position directly to the hiring manager in our marketing department. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Marketing & Design Specialist manages all of Columbia Association’s promotional and marketing efforts associated with CA’s programmatic operations, which broadly encompasses participation in activities, events and programs targeting both members and non-members. This role is responsible for assembling and disseminating information associated with a large range of activity types in a succinct way using multiple communications channels.
This role works closely with program teams and facility managers throughout the organization to assist with promotion of activities, and to raise awareness of programs with relevant audiences.
- Gather, confirm and clarify current and upcoming programmatic information through consultation and engagement with CA teams for purposes of populating the CA website, event and activity calendars and planning mechanisms for promotional communications.
- Generate implementable marketing campaigns of varying scales and complexities, including collateral development and distribution, advertising, email marketing and social media marketing to support the success of activities including community events, program registration and facility use.
- Develop and implement creative tactical solutions to build efficiency, cross-promotion, and enhanced impact of promotional efforts.
- Work with graphic design team to develop branded materials needed for marketing strategies and tactics, including but not limited to print ads, email marketing, digital ads, flyers, signage and more.
- Support graphic design team by independently developing and producing simple creative materials for use in digital marketing and promotional activities.
- Assists with the analysis of the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget, as requested by the Marketing Director.
- Maintains a production schedule of ads, mailers, promotions and other communication materials.
- Researches, compiles, and organizes information, and to prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports.
- Works independently on assigned tasks/projects.
- Ensures compliance with Columbia Association’s purchasing and collection policies, employee handbook, Standards of Operations, procedures and annual goals in the performance of your duties.
- Assists in event planning and execution as needed.
- Assists in invoice paying, contract execution and other Purchasing related responsibilities.
- Coordinates with other staff, departments, officials, agencies, organizations, and the public.
- Reports results and activities during management meetings as well as to integrate corporate objectives into brand management strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Priority Skills & Experience:
- Highly developed and demonstrated organizational skills to manage the details of a multitude of program details and calendars.
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing, email marketing and general project management platforms.
- Basic design skills, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite or its equivalent.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Decision-making, problem-solving, creativity, multi-tasking and ability to work under tight deadlines are essential.
- Communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership abilities, good communication and social skills, strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in strategic planning and implementation of Marketing plans.
- Understanding and experience with e-Marketing campaigns, data mining and targeted marketing activities.
- Communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely, and to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to generate a number of different approaches to problems.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in marketing and production.
- A preferred college degree combined with marketing experience, plus the ability to write and speak well is essential.
- Background in marketing principles and techniques, management and administration, writing and editing and visual communications.
- Knowledge of advertising, journalism or creative writing are helpful, plus familiarity with Google and other computer applications
The job does not require, but in some instances (such as when assisting with an event, etc), you may be required to have the:
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
Licenses, Certificates, etc:
- Ability to work in an office setting.
- Position may require extended hours including evenings and weekends, travel to multiple work sites and occasional out-of-town travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, tasks and skills required of a Team Member in this position. CA reserves the right to require, consistent with CA’s Team Member policies, that other tasks be performed when warranted by CA’s business needs (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, technical development). CA also reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.