Starting Thursday, October 13, 2022, those eligible to participate in Resident Speakout can do so either in person or virtually via Zoom.
Your input matters
At the beginning of every meeting and work session, community members are welcome to participate in Resident Speakout where you can share your thoughts, ideas and perspectives on matters facing CA’s Board of Directors. Click here to review what the Board will be discussing on its upcoming agenda.
Who can participate?
You are encouraged to come out and speak on any topic of Board discussion or Board vote if you:
- Own, live or work on property and pay the CA Annual Charge
- Are a non-resident member of the Sport and Fitness Facilities (like fitness clubs, tennis center, etc.)
- Are a non-resident participant in CA programs (such as School Age Services or summer camps)
If you don’t fall into the above categories, we still want to hear from you! Click here to send your comments to the Board.
How it works
Starting Thursday, October 13, 2022, those eligible to participate in Resident Speakout can do so either in person or virtually via Zoom. The virtual option allows greater access to all our community members, including those who are restricted by childcare needs, transportation or other factors, to more easily engage in this process.
Anyone looking to be part of Resident Speakout must register by 5pm the day before a meeting or work session, regardless of whether that person would like to participate online or in person at CA’s Headquarters. On-site sign up for Resident Speakout is not available.
If you are unable to attend Resident Speakout virtually but wish to provide input to the Board, you can submit a written statement to the board. Click here to access that form.
Individuals are welcome to speak for up to three minutes. Those representing a group can speak up to five minutes. Non-residents are asked to focus their comments on agenda items that relate to their participation with CA.
Board members have an opportunity after each speaker to ask questions, which is limited to one minute.
What to expect on Resident Speakout
Resident Speakout takes place at CA’s Headquarters, located at 6310 Hillside Court, #100 Columbia, MD 21046.
- Arrive before the meeting or work session start time (typically 7pm).
- Every Resident Speakout participant will be required to sign in. Anyone who has not registered ahead of time will not be permitted to speak at that meeting or work session.
- Please refrain from conversing with Board members outside of the time when they are called on to testify, particularly on topics facing the Board in current or future meetings.
To join our Zoom video calls, you’ll need the following:
- The Zoom mobile app, Zoom desktop app, or a supported web browser
- A compatible device with minimum system requirements
- A supported operating system
- A broadband connection to the internet.
- A built-in web camera or external USB camera
You can find additional information about hardware requirement by going to the Zoom Support page. You can find a step-by-step on how to join our Zoom meetings by going to this Zoom Meeting Support page.
Sign Up For Resident Speakout
If you are unable to participate in Resident Speakout but still want your voice heard, you can also submit a written statement to the Board. The best way to do that is by filling out this form on our website (click here to be redirected). Those messages are sent to every Board member once you click “submit.”