Milton W. Matthews joined Columbia Association as President/CEO in June 2014.
Prior to CA, he was the Chief Executive Officer for Reston Association in Reston, Virginia from 2004 to 2013.
Mr. Matthews has more than 23 years of experience in local government administration and management, including the following:
- City of Webster Groves, Missouri (two positions, including City Manager)
- Town of Wethersfield, Connecticut
- City of Dallas, Texas
- City of Syracuse, New York
- Mr. Matthews’ education includes the following:
- Certificate in Nonprofit Organization Management, through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Institute at Villanova University.
- He is a graduate of the Advanced Government Finance Institute at the University of Wisconsin at Madison’s Graduate School of Business.
- He was awarded a Master’s Degree in City and Regional Planning from The Ohio State University.
- He was awarded a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the Maxwell School at Syracuse University.
- He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Government and History from Virginia Union College.