Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Financial rewards may be in your future! Columbia Association offers up to six $2,500 scholarship awards each year to graduating high school seniors with a track record of community service in Howard County.
The Spirit of Columbia scholarship awards are for students who have exhibited exceptional efforts on behalf of our community, providing community service to benefit Columbia residents and those in the Columbia area. We’re grateful for your efforts — and proud to support you as you spread your wings and make the world a brighter place!
- Columbia Association full-time employees and their family members
- Columbia Association Board of Directors and Senior Management and their family members
The applicant must:
- Exhibit exceptional efforts in community service to benefit Columbia residents.
- Be a June 2020 graduating senior from an accredited public, private, or parochial high school, or home schooled in accordance with COMAR 13A.10.01.
- Reside on assessment paying property or have a parent/guardian who works full-time on or owns CA assessed property. (Applicants who qualify because a parent/guardian works full-time on or owns CA-assessed property must submit an Associate Verification Form with their application.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of C or better (2.00)
- If selected: Submit proof of acceptance to a full-time post secondary school program (college or technical) and Social Security number before receipt of the award.
The application will not be considered without all necessary documents. Documents may be submitted separately.
- Completed application.
- Two written references from supervisors of the service activities. (at least one from supervisors of the service activities).
- Copy of official high school transcript.
- Associate Verification Form if applicant or parent/guardian does not reside on CA-assessed property.
Applicant must submit the completed application and required documents by March 15, 2020, to:
|Mail or in-person:|
Spirit of Columbia Scholarship Award
c/o Columbia Association
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
For questions or additional information, call 410-715-3161 or email SpiritofColumbia@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- A selection committee reviews applications and selects the awardees.
- Applicants are notified in writing of the decision.
* Scholarship figure pending approval of Columbia Association Board of Directors, February 2020
- Scholarship may or may not be taxable to the student depending on how the scholarship is used.
- Associate Verification Form is required for those applicants not residing on CA assessed property.