Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
Columbia Association scholarship program offers up to six $2,500* education awards to graduating high school seniors who exhibit exceptional efforts in providing community service to benefit Columbia residents and those in the Columbia area.
- Columbia Association Full-time employees and their family members
- Columbia Association Board of Directors and Senior Management and their family members
The applicant must:
- Exhibit exceptional efforts in community service to benefit Columbia residents.
- Be a June 2018 graduating senior from an accredited public, private, or parochial high school, or home schooled in accordance with COMAR 13A.10.01.
- Reside on assessment paying property or have a parent/guardian who works full-time on or owns CA assessed property. (Applicants who qualify because a parent/guardian works full-time on or owns CA Assessed property must submit an Associate Verification Form with their application.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of C or better (2.00)
- If selected – Submit proof of acceptance to a full-time post secondary school program (college or technical) and Social Security number before receipt of the award.
The application will not be considered without all necessary documents. Documents may be submitted separately.
- Completed application.
- Two written references from supervisors of the service activities.
- Copy of official high school transcript.
- Associate Verification Form if applicant or parent/guardian does not reside on CA assessed property.
Applicant must submit the completed application and required documents by March 15, 2018 to:
|Mail or in-person:|
Spirit of Columbia Scholarship Award
c/o Columbia Association
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
For questions or additional information, call 410-715-3161 or email SpiritofColumbia@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- A selection committee reviews applications and selects the awardees.
- Applicants are notified in writing of the decision.
* Scholarship figure pending approval of Columbia Association Board of Directors, February 2018
- Scholarship may or may not be taxable to the student depending on how the scholarship is used.
- Associate Verification Form is required for those applicants not residing on CA assessed property.