Columbia Association has partnered with Retrofit Baltimore, a program of the non-profit Civic Works, to implement a home energy efficiency upgrade cooperative in the Columbia community. Retrofit Baltimore will guide you through each step of the energy improvement process and ensure you receive quality work from a vetted contractor. Community members will also benefit from a bulk discount by purchasing these services together. This is in addition to Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® rebates that cut the cost of improvements in half, up to a total rebate of $2,000.
Learn how to improve home comfort by eliminating drafts and hot/cold rooms, save up to 20% on utility bills, and protect the environment.
Reduce energy loss and uncomfortable drafts!
- Home energy audits are $100 (a $400 value)
- Rebates cut the cost of energy improvements by 50 percent (up to $2,000 total)
- LEDs, advanced power strips, pipe insulation, shower heads, and other energy-saving products are installed at the energy audit (at no cost)
Join the Solar Coop
- Go solar and secure your solar coop discounted rate! A typical project saves around 20 percent off general market-rate costs of a solar system.
- Federal tax credits cut the costs of solar by 30 percent in the first year
- State incentives cut the costs of solar by at least $1,000 more!
Sign up at: http://www.retrofitbaltimore.org/columbia
You can also contact your energy advocate, Lexi Williams, at AWilliams@retrofitbaltimore.org or 410-929-6084 to get more information about this exciting program.