4th of July Festivities, Fundraiser and Fireworks
You’re invited to come out for food trucks, festivities and fireworks on the Lakefront this 4th of July!
A quick shout out
Did you know that a large portion of the Columbia Lakefront is maintained and preserved by CA? Our Open Space team is essential to making that area look great and feel welcoming. That department will be donating more than 100 hours of work at no cost to make sure we can all enjoy the 4th to its fullest capacity.
Who: The entire community (and then some)
What: 4th of July entertainment and fireworks display
- 5-6:30pm – Pebble to Pearl
- 7-9pm – Groovalicious
- 9pm – National Anthem sang by Mira Karpati (River Hill High School, Students Partnering with Veterans)
Food trucks include: Kona Ice, Blowfish Poke, Dee’s Food and Snack Shack, Althea’s Almost Famous, Bullhead Pitt Beef, Green’s Kettle Corn, Ravin’ and Cravin’ Food Truck, Flair Cuisine, Zen Hemp, Sunny’s Snowballs
Where: Downtown Columbia Lakefront
When: Sunday, July 4
- Blankets can be placed after 3pm
- Music and food truck service starts at 5pm
- Fireworks begin around 9:20pm (at dusk)
How: Howard County continues to lead the state in terms of COVID-19 vaccinations. In fact, more than 70% of the county’s 12+ population is fully vaccinated. Our community took action, and now, we get to make one more step toward normalcy.
Why: After missing out on last year’s fun, we all deserve to get together and celebrate this year!
- Free public parking for this event will be located at the Mall in Columbia.
- We expect a high volume of traffic for this event, so Little Patuxent Parkway may close around 7pm. Plan accordingly.
- Masks are always welcome, but will not be required for anyone who is fully vaccinated. We still highly encourage anyone who is not fully vaccinated to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing at this event. If you’re looking to receive a vaccine, the Howard County Health Department is holding a number of free vaccination clinics.
- There will be a free bike corral run by volunteers for anyone who wants to ride to the Lakefront instead of drive.
Support free entertainment in Downtown Columbia
This year, you can have the best seats in the house for the fireworks while helping CA and Inner Arbor Trust put on free arts programming this summer. The Lakefront Pavilion will be open to a limited number of people to enjoy all of the festivities. Entry also includes a buffet picnic dinner (beef hamburgers and hot dogs, baked beans, cookies and watermelon) and access to an exclusive cash bar.
Pavilion seat tickets are available for $80 with assigned seating under the pavilion canopy for the entire event. GA tickets are available for $50 and include access to the exclusive area with high top standing tables and limited lawn chair seating. All of the proceeds support free concerts, movies and arts programming at the Lakefront and in Symphony Woods.
Free bike corral
If you’re looking to avoid the inevitable 4th of July traffic and parking challenges, consider biking down to the Lakefront! Volunteers from Oakland Mills and Wilde Lake will be providing a free bike corral where you can check your bike for the duration of the event. You’ll receive a ticket number that corresponds with your bike so you can easily pick it up after the festivities. Any bike that is not claimed after fireworks will be picked up by our Open Space team and stored in a secure location.
Bike corral volunteers will have access to a special by the Lakefront to watch the fireworks. If you’re interested in volunteering to man the bike corral, contact Rebecca Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.