CA Locker Room Reopening
Starting September 8, CA will officially reopen its locker rooms. Here are all of the things you need to know:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Effective September 8, 2020
Which locker rooms will be available at CA?
- The locker rooms at Columbia Athletic Club, Columbia Gym, Supreme Sports Club, Columbia Swim Center and Haven on the Lake will reopen with shower access.
- The locker rooms at other recreational facilities will reopen, but there will still be no access to showers at those locations.
Will members using the locker room be required to wear a face mask at all times?
- Face masks will be required at all times except while actively showering.
Will the saunas, steam room or salt room reopen?
- Due to physical distancing requirements, saunas and steam rooms will remain closed.
- The salt room at Haven on the Lake will reopen for individual use. Reservations are required. Refresh and Revive members can reserve a time up to 72 hours in advance by calling 410-715-3020.
Will towels and hair dryers be available?
- For the safety of our team members, our towel service will not resume until further notice. Members are encouraged to bring their own towel.
- Hair dryers have also been removed to minimize shared surfaces. Members are welcome to bring their own hair dryer.
Can I store my personal belongings in a locker?
- Lockers will be available for day use in the locker rooms. However, some lockers will not be available to facilitate social distancing. Members are reminded to bring their own lock to ensure their personal items are kept secure in the locker room.
- Security lockers will be available for day use, but some will be unavailable to facilitate social distancing.
What are you doing to keep members and team members safe in the locker rooms?
- Below are some of the changes you can expect in the locker rooms:
- All team members will have completed comprehensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Airius PureAir fans have been installed in the locker rooms, which provide UV sanitation of the air, killing bacteria and viruses. For more information, click here.
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant recognized by EPA as effective against COVID-19. This includes regular walk-throughs (no less than hourly) by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas.
- Facilities have increased the number of sanitation stations around the club, which all include equipment wipes and spray bottles. Each member will be given a clean towel to sanitize the locker rooms surfaces they may touch before and after use.
- Each club will have an Evaclean Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer as stock becomes available, which will be used each day in locker rooms, on equipment and on other fixtures around the club. For more information on the sprayer, click here and here.
- Signage is placed throughout the club highlighting physical distancing requirements, direction of traffic flow and sanitation guidelines.
- Some amenities and equipment remain temporarily taken out of service to ensure proper physical distancing between members.
What are some tips for using the locker rooms safely?
- To keep yourself and our community healthy, practice our CHAMP guidelines:
- Cleanliness: Cleaning is a team sport. We clean. You clean. We’re all on the Clean Team!
- Hygiene: Wash hands. Wear a face mask where required. Social Distance.
- Attitude: We provide safe service. Help us by following these guidelines.
- Monitor: Don’t come in if you have symptoms, fever or potential exposure.
- Partner: Members and Team Members are in this together.