Columbia Association holding public budget hearing on Oct. 13
Columbia Association’s (CA) Board of Directors will hold a public budget hearing on Thursday, Oct. 13, beginning at 7:30pm at CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court, located off Stevens Forest Road near the county vehicle emissions inspection station.
CA’s budget process provides ample opportunities for input. This hearing is one of several opportunities for residents, representatives of village community associations, advisory committee members and others to weigh in on Fiscal Year 2018, the second year of CA’s two-year budget cycle. Earlier in 2016, CA’s Board passed the budget for Fiscal Year 2017 (which runs from May 2016 through April 2017) and a conditional budget for Fiscal Year 2018 (which runs May 2017 through April 2018).
Speakers are encouraged to provide written versions of their remarks. There will be time limits for each speaker: three minutes for individuals, five minutes for groups and 10 minutes for village community associations. Testimony also can be provided via email at Board.Members@ColumbiaAssociation.org or by snail mail to Columbia Association Accounting Department, 6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100, Columbia, Maryland, 21046.
The full schedule of budget work sessions and meetings begins in September and continues into February. These meetings are open to the public; each is expected to begin at 7:30pm:
- Thursday, Sept. 22: A CA Board meeting providing an opportunity for village community association testimony, in addition to the Oct. 13 public hearing.
- Thursday, Oct. 13: A CA Board work session including a public hearing for all stakeholders regarding additions and deletions to the conditional FY18 budget.
- Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017: A CA Board work session for deliberation on stakeholders’ proposed additions and deletions to the conditional FY18 budget. CA’s Board will discuss the proposed changes and Board-approved threshold adjustments, as well as the annual charge rate and cap for FY18, and will take straw votes.
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017: A second CA Board work session for deliberation on adjustments and inputs to the conditional FY18 budget.
- Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017: A CA Board meeting that will include discussion of and voting on approval of the final FY18 budget revisions and annual charge rate and cap.
The approved FY2017 and conditional FY2018 budgets are online at ColumbiaAssociation.org budget.
About Columbia Association
Columbia Association (CA) is a nonprofit community services corporation that manages Columbia, Maryland, a planned community that is home to approximately 100,000 people and several thousand businesses. Additional information about CA is available at ColumbiaAssociation.org.