Columbia Association seeking Audit Committee member
Columbia Association’s Board of Directors is seeking a stakeholder of the Columbia community with substantial financial expertise to serve as a voting member of Columbia Association’s Audit Committee.
The Audit Committee assists CA’s Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for Columbia Association’s financial reporting process, system of internal control, external/internal audit process and the ethics program.
Stakeholders of the Columbia community who are interested in appointment to the Audit Committee should possess the following attributes:
- At least 10 years of work experience as a principal financial or accounting officer, controller, public accountant or auditor with experience preparing, auditing, analyzing or evaluating financial statements that present a level of complexity of accounting issues that are generally comparable to Columbia Association’s financial statements.
- An in-depth understanding of financial accounting, internal controls over financial reporting, and procedures for financial reporting.
- A resident of CA-assessed property or employment on CA-assessed property.
- An understanding of audit committee responsibilities.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor strongly preferred.
Terms of service for board-appointed committee members are three years, with the option to renew. The Audit Committee meets approximately five times per year.
Please email letters of interest, with resume or equivalent information by Wednesday, July 27, 2018, to audit@ColumbiaAssociation.org.