Explore Columbia’s natural settings with CA’s 2016 series of organized outdoor walks
Columbia Association’s (CA) series of outdoor walks returns in 2016 with 10 days of exploring the lakes, streams, woodlands and wildlife of Columbia.
“Exploring Columbia on Foot” will once again be led by award-winning environmental author Ned Tillman, who will guide discussions on the nature, history and future of these wonderful outdoor settings, including the plans for them and challenges they may face in the near future.
The walks will be held on eight Thursdays and two Saturdays from April through October. All walks will begin at 10 a.m. Registration is not required.
The schedule of walks and meeting locations includes:
- Thursday, April 21, Hickory Ridge – meet at Clary’s Forest Pool
- Thursday, May 5, Lake Elkhorn – meet at Hopewell Pool
- Saturday, May 21, Dorsey’s Search, meet at Dorsey Hall Pool
- Thursday, June 2, Gateway Business Park – meet at parking lot adjacent to Aida Bistro
- Thursday, June 16, Downtown Columbia – meet at People Tree
- Thursday, Aug. 25, Long Reach – meet at Kendall Ridge Pool
- Saturday, Sept. 10, Kings Contrivance – meet at Amherst House
- Thursday, Sept. 22, Harper’s Choice – meet at Kahler Hall
- Thursday, Oct. 6, River Hill north – meet at Claret Hall
- Thursday, Oct. 20, Wilde Lake – meet at Slayton House
For more information, contact CA’s Open Space Management Division at Open.Space@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-312-6330.
About Columbia Association
Columbia Association (CA) is a nonprofit community services corporation that manages Columbia, Maryland, a planned community that is home to approximately 100,000 people and several thousand businesses. Additional information about CA is available at ColumbiaAssociation.org.