Out In The Open (Space): Updates for Week of April 19, 2021
Earth Day is this week! We’d love to know how you’re honoring and celebrating our planet, so share your thoughts, your photos, your videos and more with us on social media.
We’re always thinking about Mother Nature and our community’s open space.
Here’s what’s going on this week in Open Space:
- A contractor on site at KC18 Kindler Road this week to replace mulch where it’s needed. This project is expected to be completed within five days weather permitting.
- Our team will be installing a new metal swing frame and removing a tree at LR-17 Stonecutter tot lot. Don’t worry. CA plans to plant two trees to replace the one that needs to be removed for safety standards. This project should be completed within five days weather permitting.
- Crews will be staining the Crescent Boardwalk this week, so you should expect that boardwalk to be closed for a few days.
- CA will also have a contractor staining OBBR-23 Bridge near Lake Elkhorn Dam in the latter part of the week. The bridge will remain open during the project, which should only last three days or so.
- Trained Adopt a Spot volunteers in Wilde Lake will lead a plant removal effort on Saturday, April 24, at Wilde Lake Park. Participants should meet in the Wilde Lake Park main parking lot near the picnic tables at 9am. Make sure you dress appropriately for working in outdoor conditions and bring sturdy gloves.
- Columbia Cleans Day is back! First, we want to thank everyone who came out for the Hickory Ridge event on April 10.
For all other villages, the community-wide clean up will happen May 1. CA provides all of the materials and picks up the litter at the end of the day. All you have to do is show up ready to work. If you’re interested in pitching in, here are FB events for each village:
- Dorsey’s Search
- Harper’s Choice
- Kings Contrivance
- Long Reach
- Oakland Mills
- Owen Brown
- River Hill
- Town Center
- Wilde Lake