What you need to know about the coronavirus
This page was last updated on March 27, 2020, 2:30pm
Columbia Association Open Spaces team members will be returning to the field on Monday, March 30 to cut grass and do seasonal maintenance on some tot lots and playground amenities. Team members will be working individually or in small groups of 2-3 on a project. For the health and safety of both the open spaces staff and the public, they will be following strict social distancing procedures and prohibiting public access to work areas. Thank you for your cooperation..
Posted on updated on March 26, 2020, 2:30pm
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Columbia Association facilities are closed until further notice. Stay tuned for updates during this fluid situation, and stay safe everyone!
Posted on on March 24, 2020, 10:00am
In order to protect our patrons from COVID-19, all Columbia Association tennis and basketball courts have been closed until further notice.
Also, a reminder that all CA playgrounds and tot lots are closed until further notice. Please continue to use open space in other ways, like accessing our pathways while practicing safe social distancing.
Posted on March 20, 2020, 1:25pm
At the recommendation of Howard County Government and County Executive Calvin Ball, Columbia Association is closing all playgrounds and tot lots until further notice as a health and safety precaution. This will help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission on surfaces as well as discourage children from playing in close proximity to one another. In the coming days caution tape and signage regarding this closure will be affixed to all play structures.
Please continue to use open space in other ways, like accessing our pathways while practicing safe social distancing.
Posted on March 16, 2020, 5:30pm
All Columbia Association facilities are CLOSED and all programs, classes and events are CANCELED through Sunday, March 29 in order to protect our members, program participants and employees during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions we’ve received from CA members and program participants since announcing these closings and cancellations. Should the closure extend beyond March 29, we will update these FAQs accordingly.
- How can I stay fit while CA facilities are closed?
- We want to help you stay healthy and active, so we’ve worked with Les Mills to provide a free online tool to help keep you working out at home. We’re offering 95 free LES MILLS video workouts so you can exercise from the comfort of your own home, no equipment necessary. From high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to yoga and dance, there’s something for everyone.
- Will I have to pay for classes, lessons or programs that are canceled during this closure?
- We plan to reschedule classes, lessons and programs once we are able to reopen. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled activity, we will arrange for you to receive a credit or refund.
- Will I have to pay for facility access during the closure?
- CA will ensure that members and program participants will be made whole for CA facility closures related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Although membership invoices for the month of April will be sent as usual on March 20, we are working diligently with our software provider to reflect the current two-week closure. The invoices will either only include charges for two weeks (instead of the full month), or we will update accounts with two-week credits as soon as possible.
- Can I cancel my membership now because of COVID-19?
- You may wish to freeze your membership. Please call CA’s Customer and Member Service Center for details at 410-730-1801. If you would still like to cancel, please consult the terms and conditions of your CA Membership Agreement.
Future communications will be posted as more information becomes available. Meanwhile, the health and safety of our members, program participants and employees is our top priority. Please continue to follow all Howard County Health Department and CDC instructions during this unprecedented time.
Posted on March 15, 2020, 4:00 pm
Due to new local COVID-19 developments, all Columbia Association facilities will be closing effective 6pm today (Sunday, March 15, 2020) and will remain closed through Sunday, March 29, 2020.
This includes all sport and fitness facilities (fitness clubs, Haven on the Lake, pools, tennis, ice skating, golf, Columbia SportsPark, etc.); all Community Services facilities including Columbia Art Center, Youth and Teen Center, and Columbia Archives; and Columbia DogPark, CA Headquarters and the Customer and Member Service Center. Additionally, all CA public programs, classes and events are canceled effective immediately through Sunday, March 29, 2020. A decision whether to extend these closures and cancellations beyond March 29 will be made as additional information becomes available.