Subtitles / Closed Caption provided
Subtitles / Closed Caption provided
Taught by the Chesapeake Skating School, the ice skating program at Columbia Ice Rink will provide participants with a fun, safe atmosphere for all students (ages 3 to adults) to learn how to ice skate.
Each student will receive one 25-minute lesson per week for seven weeks. Seven complimentary public session practice passes are included with each Learn to Skate session. (NOTE: Due to Covid ice capacity restrictions, we cannot honor public session passes at this time. Your passes will be held for a future public session when the rink is at full capacity). Skate rental is included during lessons and is available for an extra fee of $3.75 during public session practices.
*Due to the pandemic we will be limiting the number of participants on the ice at any given time to 30. All participants must have a signed waiver to skate and must wear a mask at all times. If you are not feeling well please stay home. If you are exhibiting signs of illness, you may be asked to leave the building.
*Please call 410-730-0322 to register for Session 1 starting November 7th and going through December 19th. Online registration is not available for this session.
|Session 1||November 7-December 19 *Saturdays only,|
Please call to register. Online registration is not available for this session.
Session 1 November 7th – December 19th
|8:45 – 9:45a||ALL Brandon La Due / HS Hockey classes|
|10:05 -10:30a||Basic 1|
|10:35 – 11:00a||Basic 3 & 4|
|Basic 5 & 6|
|11:05 – 11:30a||All freestyle|
|11:35 – 12:00p||All Adult classes|
|12:05 – 12:30||Axel and Double Jump|
- Holiday: TBA
- Spring Break: TBA
- Registration discounts apply to online registration prior to the start of the session only at ColumbiaAssociation.org/login. Regular registration can be done by calling 410-730-0322.
- Refunds are permitted for the following situations:
- Notification of withdrawal from class prior to the start of a session. Subject to a $20 administrative fee.
- Student medical emergency with copy of physician’s verification provided to waive the administrative fee.
Missed classes will not be credited.
- One courtesy makeup class is allowed on Saturday morning only, provided that space is available at the appropriate level. All requests must be submitted via email to Ice.Rink@ColumbiaAssociation.org with 48-hour advance notice.
- Makeup classes or changing class time cannot be scheduled the first or last week of the session. Makeup classes must be taken within the session.
- Practice passes Seven complimentary admissions to public sessions per session; skate rental not included. Passes expire one week after the session ends. Practice passes are not transferable.
- No practice is allowed during group lesson time.
- Children ages 5 and younger must bring helmets for skating lessons. We recommend that all beginners wear a helmet regardless of age.
- Send any communications about the Learn to Skate program or private instruction to Ice.Rink@ColumbiaAssociation.org.
|Tot 1-4: Not being held at this time.||Register Now|
|Basic 1-6: For ages 6 through adult, or those who have passed Tot 3. Students are taught the fundamentals of skating for the development of a recreational and/or competitive sport.||Register Now|
|Pre-Free Skate (formerly Basic 7 and Basic 8) and Free Skate 1-6: Students will further develop their edging, spinning and jumping techniques. Prerequisite: Advancement through the Learn to Skate program or placement testing.||Register Now|
|Specialty Classes – Not being held at this time||Register Now|
Online pricing: (not available for Session 1)
|CA Fit&Play, Play, 5Day Golf&Play, and Golf Fit&Play members||$117|
|Other CA members||$121.50|
Regular Registration Price:
|CA Fit&Play, Play, 5Day Golf&Play, and Golf Fit&Play members||$130|
|Other CA members||$135|
- Private one-on-one lessons are great for skaters 3 years and older that:
- Want to begin testing/competing
- Progressed out of learn to skate
- Do better in a one-on-one setting rather than a group
- Private lessons are available though The Chesapeake Skating School and are conducted during our freestyle sessions, and are completely separate from our Learn to Skate Program.
- Columbia Ice Rink’s U.S. Figure Skating Learn to Skate program, taught by the Chesapeake Skating School, has been formed to provide a fun, safe atmosphere for all students ages 3 and older to learn how to ice skate. The Tot and Basic 1-6 levels are geared towards the fundamentals of skating and develop the skills that are necessary for recreational, figure, ice hockey and speed skating. The Pre-Free Skate and Freeskate levels develop the skills necessary for advancement into figure skating.
For more information, call 410-730-0322 or email Ice.Rink@ColumbiaAssociation.org. Columbia Ice Rink is located at 5876 Thunder Hill Road in the Oakland Mills Village Center in Columbia.