Columbia Aquatics Association is a registered USA Swimming Club and a member of the Maryland Local Swim Committee. We are the proud home of the Columbia Clippers, the largest competitive swim program in Maryland.
Our mission is to promote the sport of competitive swimming through positive motivation and the teaching of proper stroke techniques. We strive to produce swimmers who are able to excel in competition at all levels from novice to national. Team members ages 6-19 will improve stroke mechanics, build endurance, excel in competition…and, of course, have fun!
With over 300 team members, swimmers are split into various Practice Groups based on a combination of ability and age. Practices are scheduled Monday through Friday afternoons and evenings, weekday and weekend mornings and Sunday evenings. Practices are held at the Columbia Swim Center and Supreme Sports Club.
The upcoming season will run from September 2021 to July 2022. Tryouts will be held on July 10 and July 24 from 1-4 pm. Registration for tryouts is now open (register here). The cost is $10 per person. For more information, email the Team Administrator at email@example.com or visit www.clippersswim.org.
- CAA instills the values of respect, teamwork, confidence, and self discipline in our staff, swimmers and their families.
- Our swimmers know that success is achieved through hard work and goal setting.
- Our swimmers grow as athletes and individuals who are able to contribute to their team, family, and community.
- Our parents are actively involved in our team and provide a positive influence for our swimmers.
- Our staff, swimmers and their family members work together to achieve success in competitive swimming.
- Our team’s accomplishments are a result of the strong commitment of our staff, swimmers and their families.
- To provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all our team members.
- To set ethical and moral standards for our staff, swimmers, and their families.
- To provide the best possible instruction at all levels within the team.
- To have swimmers continually strive to achieve higher standards.
- To provide organized team and group activities.
- To have our staff, swimmers, and their families dedicate the time required to achieve each swimmer’s goals.
- To have our team recognized as a valued member of our community.