Learning the life skill of sewing is a great way to wear clothing that is just the way you would like it to be. Campers will have the opportunity to learn and explore the exciting world of fashion design through the eye of the sewing machine.
- Instruction on using a sewing machine, threading the machine and bobbin, posture and safety
- Discover the color wheel and color intelligence
- Create a garment to wear on the first day of school
- Work with patterns, upcycling, a new creation every day.
- Make new friends!
- Recreational swimming, a field trip (to be determined), and a mini runway show at the end of the session
|GRADES LISTED ARE FOR FALL 2020|
|Age Group||Grades 4-6 and 7-9|
|Location||Faulkner Ridge Neighborhood Center, 10518 Marble Faun Lane|
|Length of Camp||2 separate one-week sessions|
|Dates of Sessions|
|CA members/Columbia Cardholders||$585 (early bird price)|
|Non-members||$598.50 (early bird price)|
|Extended care located at the facility||7-8:30am, $65|
What to bring
Campers must wear closed-toed shoes, and it is suggested that campers wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and socks. A hat and sunscreen are recommended for outdoor activities. Campers should bring a swimsuit and towel; a healthy, nonperishable lunch; and a refillable water bottle.