Columbia Association has partnered with Retrofit Baltimore, a program of the non-profit Civic Works, to implement a solar and home energy efficiency upgrade cooperative in the Columbia community. Retrofit Baltimore will guide you through each step of the energy improvement process and ensure you receive quality work from a vetted contractor. Community members will benefit from a bulk discount by purchasing these services together.
Join the Solar Coop!
- Go solar and secure your solar coop discounted rate! A typical project saves around 20 percent off general market-rate costs of a solar system.
- Federal tax credits cut the costs of solar by 30 percent in the first year.
- State incentives cut the costs of solar by at least $1,000 more!
Home Energy Efficiency Upgrade Cooperative
Learn how to improve home comfort by eliminating drafts and hot/cold rooms, save up to 20% on utility bills, and protect the environment.
- Home energy audits are $100 (a $400 value)
- Rebates cut the cost of energy improvements by 50 percent (up to $2,000 total)
- LEDs, advanced power strips, pipe insulation, shower heads, and other energy-saving products are installed at the energy audit (at no cost) [Image 13]
You can also contact your energy advocate by emailing email@example.com or calling 410-929-6084 to get more information about this exciting program.
CA is also working to actively engage and empower Columbia residents on the critical issue of energy management. A broad communications program has been implemented throughout the community to promote ENERGY STAR as a powerful tool to help make our community more sustainable. CA has also launched a residential energy efficiency initiative leveraging the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program to make it easier and more cost-effective for Columbia residents to improve the energy efficiency of their home.