Volunteers needed for the
2019 Bicycle and Pedestrian Pathway Counts
Volunteers are needed to conduct counts for pedestrians, bicyclists and other users on Columbia’s bike routes and Columbia Association’s (CA) pathways. This year’s counts will be conducted between Saturday, June 1 and Thursday, June 13.
This information will give CA and the Howard County Office of Transportation a better understanding of the number and the demographics of people who walk and cycle along these routes, validating the impact of past improvements and providing more information for future investments in our infrastructure.
Please click here to volunteer . Selecting more than one date and time is welcome and encouraged. The earlier you sign up, the more likely you are to get the count locations you desire. The following is a list of the locations that will be counted this year:
- Harpers Farm Road pedestrian bridge
- Cross-Columbia Trail at Cedar Lane and Little Patuxent Parkway
- Cross-Columbia Trail at Governor Warfield Parkway and Little Patuxent Parkway
- Lake Kittamaqundi (both the north and south ends)
- Blandair Regional Park
- Patuxent Branch Trail (Guilford Road)
- Patuxent Branch Trail (north of Route 32)
- Grace Drive and Quiet Night Ride
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the volunteer signup form, please contact Jessica Bellah at Jessica.Bellah@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-715-3166.