Columbia Association’s (CA) series of outdoor walks returns in 2017 with 10 days of exploring the lakes, streams, woodlands and wildlife of Columbia.
“Exploring Columbia on Foot” will once again be led by award-winning environmental author Ned Tillman, who will guide discussions on the nature, history and future of these wonderful outdoor settings, including the plans for them and challenges they may face in the near future. Each walk will be about two miles long, with four to five stops along the way.
The walks will be held on nine Thursdays and one Saturday from March through October. Most walks will begin at 10am; the walk at The Mall in Columbia begins at 8:30am. Registration is not required.
The schedule of walks and meeting locations includes:
- Thursday, April 20, Wilde Lake – meet at the Wilde Lake Barn (10027 Hyla Brook Road)
- Thursday, May 4, Owen Brown, meet at Lake Elkhorn (Dockside parking lot)
- Thursday, May 18, Oakland Mills – meet at Thunder Hill Neighborhood Center (5134 Thunder Hill Road)
- Thursday, June 1, River Hill – meet at Claret Hall (6020 Daybreak Circle)
- Saturday, June 24, The Mall in Columbia (8:30am) – meet at the Plaza in front of Season’s 52 (10300 Little Patuxent Parkway)
- Thursday, July 13, Long Reach – meet at Jeffers Hill Neighborhood Center (6030 Tamar Drive)
- Thursday, Aug. 31, Kings Contrivance – meet at Huntington Pool (7625 Murray Hill Road)
- Thursday, Sept. 14, Harper’s Choice – meet at Hobbits Glen Pool (11130 Willow Bottom Drive)
- Thursday, Oct. 12, Downtown Columbia – meet at Lakefront Plaza (10275 Little Patuxent Parkway)
- Thursday, Oct. 26, Hickory Ridge – meet at Hawthorn Center (6175 Sunny Spring)
For more information, contact CA’s Open Space Management Division at Open.Space@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-312-6330.
About Columbia Association
Columbia Association (CA) is a nonprofit community services corporation that manages Columbia, Maryland, a planned community that is home to approximately 100,000 people and several thousand businesses. Additional information about CA is available at ColumbiaAssociation.org.