Columbia Maryland Archives is actively seeking donations from past and present members of the community, welcoming donations that document and preserve the rich, unique legacy of the people and places of this planned community.
Columbia Archives is actively seeking:
- Records of organizations such as clubs, religious organizations, performing and visual arts groups, sports groups, neighborhood associations, companies, etc. These include charter or incorporation papers and bylaws, lists of members, minutes, news clippings, photographs, histories, newsletters and other ephemera and memorabilia.
- Personal papers with historical reference to Columbians who may have been significant to Columbia’s history. These papers can also include diaries, scrapbooks and photo albums.
- Articles, books, reports, speeches and dissertations on Columbia.
- Original art and literature by Columbia residents.
- Photographs and audiovisuals of people, places and events in Columbia history.
Columbia Maryland Archives is no longer seeking:
- Columbia magazines and telephone books, as the Archives has complete runs of them.
If you have documents, images or artifacts that you believe would complement our collection, please tell us about them on the form below or contact Columbia Maryland Archives:
- Email: Columbia.Archives@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- Address: 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21046
Consider reading the Society of American Archives’ A Guide to Donating Your Personal or Family Papers to a Repository and A Guide to Donating Your Organizational Records to a Repository to help you better understand the process of donating material to archival institutions.
To assist us in our review, please fully describe your proposed donation by including information about its size, condition and historical significance, and attach photographs or photocopies of the materials, if possible.
Please make an appointment with the archives manager, in addition to completing the form below.
Please do not send the original materials you wish to donate until we contact you.
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Columbia Maryland Archives!
For questions about collections, resources, availability of materials, or other general inquiries please call 410-715-6781 or email Columbia.Archives@ColumbiaAssociation.org.
Columbia Maryland Archives Manager: Lela Sewell-Williams