Columbia Archives is actively seeking donations from past and present members of the Columbia community. We welcome donations that document and preserve the rich, unique legacy of the people and places of the planned community of Columbia, Maryland.
As you are preparing for a move, downsizing, spring cleaning and/or redecorating your home or office, please keep a look out for Columbia history. Please make an appointment with the archives manager, in addition to completing the form below.
Columbia Archives is actively seeking:
- Records of organizations such as clubs, religious organizations, performing and visual arts groups, sports groups, neighborhood associations, companies, etc. These include charter or incorporation papers and bylaws, lists of members, minutes, news clippings, photographs, histories, newsletters and other ephemera and memorabilia.
- Personal papers with historical reference to Columbians who may have been significant to Columbia’s history. These papers can also include diaries, scrapbooks and photo albums.
- Articles, books, reports, speeches and dissertations on Columbia.
- Original art and literature by Columbia residents.
- Photographs and audiovisuals of people, places and events in Columbia history.
The Archives is no longer seeking:
- Columbia magazines and telephone books, as the Archives has complete runs of them.
If you have documents, images or artifacts that you believe would complement our collection, please tell us about them on the form below or contact Columbia Archives at Columbia.Archives@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21046. Copies of A Guide to Donating Your Personal or Family Papers to a Repository and A Guide to Donating Your Organizational Records to a Repository, both published by the Society of American Archivists, are provided for your further understanding of donating material to archival institutions.
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Columbia Archives. To assist us in our review, please fully describe your proposed donation by including information about its size, condition and historical significance, and attach photographs or photocopies of the materials, if possible. Please do not send the original materials you wish to donate until we contact you.