Columbia Athletic Club will receive the following upgrades during phase one of a proposed two-phase renovation:
- Seven new HVAC units that will replace about half of our aging units and greatly improve air quality and flow in the building.
- Removal of the glass wall that partitions off the former Package Plan Plus room, creating a free flow in and out of the area. A railing will be put in its place around the stairwell.
- Removal of the drop ceilings in the main strength area (upper level), Studio 2 and the Free Weight Room (lower level), creating a more open feel in these spaces.
- Addition of windows in the KidSpace area, Studio 2 and the Boxing Studio.
- Small expansion of the upper level of the Free Weight Room and complete replacement of the plate-loaded equipment in this area.
- Reconfiguration of the KidSpace outdoor play area, including the replacement of some pieces of playground equipment.
- Replacement of the gutter system on the tennis barn and men’s locker room to remedy the leak issues.
Columbia Athletic Club 1Fit Members are welcome to participate in classes at Columbia Gym, Supreme Sports Club, and the outdoor pools during this closure. A list of classes being moved to Columbia Gym and Supreme Sports Club is below.
Any questions or concerns regarding any closures or changes in class schedules, please email Group.Fitness@ColumbiaAssociation.org.
1Fit Columbia Athletic Club members are welcome to participate in group fitness classes at Columbia Gym and Supreme Sports Club. Please note time changes on some classes are due to space limitations. Classes will only be temporarily changed during this closure and will return to their regular times once the Athletic Club reopens.
July 31-Aug. 27, 2017
The classes below will be held in addition to the typical Columbia Gym schedule, available here.
|Monday||9:30am||Studio Cycling (60 minutes)|
|Monday||10:50am||Cardio Dance Tone|
|Monday||5:30pm||Studio Cycling (45 minutes)|
|Wednesday||6am||Studio Cycling (45 minutes)|
|Saturday||9:45am||Studio Cycling (45 minutes)|
CA members may also attend these two classes at Haven on the Lake
Wednesday Noon Tai Chi
Friday Noon QiGong