Taught by the Chesapeake Skating School, the ice skating program at Columbia Ice Rink will provide participants with a fun, safe atmosphere for all students (ages 3 and above) to learn how to ice skate.
Each student will receive one 25-minute lesson per week for seven weeks. Seven free public session practice passes are included with each Learn to Skate session. Skate rental is included during lessons and is available for an extra fee of $3.50 during public session practices.
All lessons students must have an annual U.S Learn to Skate membership ($20/year)
Schedule and Registration Form:
- Tot 1 through 3: For children ages 3-5. Fundamentals are taught in an age-appropriate style. All students must wear a helmet while on the ice. (A bicycle helmet works well.)
- Basic 1-6: For ages 6 through adult, or those who have passed Tot 3. Students are taught the fundamentals of skating for the development of a recreational and/or competitive sport.
- Pre-Free Skate (formerly Basic 7 and Basic 8) and Free Skate 1-6: Students will further develop their edging, spinning and jumping techniques. Prerequisite: Advancement through the Learn to Skate program or placement testing.
|CA Fit&Play, Play, 5Day Golf&Play, and Golf Fit&Play members|
- Online registration: $110
- Regular cost: $120
|Other CA members|
- Online registration: $114
- Regular cost: $124
- Online registration: $118
- Regular cost: $128
- Online registration: $122
- Regular cost: $132
For more information, call 410-730-0322 or email Ice.Rink@ColumbiaAssociation.org. Columbia Ice Rink is located at 5876 Thunder Hill Road in the Oakland Mills Village Center in Columbia.