Indoor and Outdoor Tennis
Tennis is one of the most popular sports in Columbia, and the Columbia Association (CA) offers a variety of programs to suit every interest and competitive level. There are 9 indoor tennis courts. These courts are located at:
Columbia Athletic Club
5435 Beaverkill Road, Columbia, MD 21044
Owen Brown Tennis Club and Bubble
7150 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045
Additionally, there are 24 outdoor courts at Wilde Lake Tennis Club, Owen Brown Tennis Club and the Racquet Club at Hobbit’s Glen.
Outdoor tennis courts are also available at the following locations:
- Vantage Point Park, 5430 Vantage Point Road
- Oakland Mills Village Center, behind 5876 Thunder Hill Road
- Locust Park Neighborhood Center, 8995 Lambskin Lane
- Owen Brown Ridge, off Gracious End Court
Package Plan Plus, Package Plan and tennis members can enjoy three outdoor tennis facilities – two with lighted courts, one with Har-Tru courts (court fees extra) and one with bubbled courts (court fees extra),pro shops and special events.
Package Plan Plus and Package Plan members also have indoor playing privileges at the Columbia Athletic Club indoor courts (court fees are extra). A membership to only the Owen Brown Tennis Bubble is also available.
Also available to members for an extra fee is KidSpace at the Columbia Athletic Club, Season Block Time, USTA Team Tennis, Leagues, Drills, Cardio Tennis, Tournaments, Lessons, Instructional Clinics, Team Coaching and a comprehensive Junior Development and Competition Tennis Program taught by USPTA/PTR certified professionals for players of all levels.
Our programs are complete and detailed that have defined and clear competencies. Through a “Principles” and “Game-Based Approach” our coaches add variety while staying focused on the competencies and processes to make players smarter and more effective.
Programs are held year round at our different facilities. Learn more about CA’s tennis programs and lessons here.
For more information, please contact:
- Bruce Holbrook, Head Tennis Professional, at 410-381-7255 or Bruce.Holbrook@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- Maury Bozman, Tennis General Manager, at 410-715-5513 or Maury.Bozman@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- For court reservations, call seven days in advance. Cancellations require 24-hour notice.
- Owen Brown Tennis Club: 410-381-7255
- Columbia Athletic Club: 410-720-0149