Cardio Tennis is a fun group activity featuring drills to give players of all abilities an ultimate high-energy workout. Cardio Tennis includes warmup, cardio workout and cool-down phases. If you want to find a great new way to get in shape, burn calories and have a viable alternative to visiting the fitness clubs for a cardio workout, you must try CA’s Cardio Tennis. Cardio Tennis is recommended to supplement a player’s regular tennis routine. We urge players to use heart rate monitors in Cardio Tennis.
Features of Cardio Tennis:
- Participants consistently elevate their heart rates into their aerobic training zone.
- Players burn more calories than playing singles or doubles tennis.
- Players get short cycles of high intensity workouts and periods of rest, similar to interval training.
- While playing tennis, your focus is primarily on getting a great workout.
- Cardio Tennis is recommended to supplement a player’s current singles and doubles play and lesson routine.
Schedule of Classes
|Saturday||7-8am||Owen Brown Tennis Club|
|Sunday||10:30-11:30am||Owen Brown Tennis Club|
Columbia Athletic Club
5435 Beaverkill Road, Columbia
Owen Brown Tennis Club and Bubble
7150 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
Cardio Tennis Rates
|CA Fit&Play, Play, 5Day Golf&Play, Golf Fit&Play members||$17|
|Other CA members||$19|
Our goal is to make your Cardio Tennis experience at Columbia Association convenient and enjoyable. With one call, our front desk staff can:
- Register you for classes
- Schedule a drop-in
- Cancel a class that you are scheduled to attend
- See if your Cardio Tennis class is quiet or has music
Class size is limited to eight players per court. Any class with fewer than three players is subject to cancellation with 12 hours advance notice.
For more information call Owen Brown at 410-381-7255 or Athletic club at 410-720-0149.