Columbia Association Youth and Teen Center
Hanging out at the Youth and Teen Center (YTC) at The Barn is a fun, safe way for teens and pre-teens to socialize and participate in recreational and educational programs. Columbia and Howard County kids, ages 9 to 18, are welcomed year round with after-school, summer time and some weekend activities and programs that are designed to promote self-esteem and to develop life skills.
- Phone Number: 410-992-3726
- Address: 5853 Robert Oliver Place (Located in Oakland Mills Village Center in The Barn)
- Email: CATeens@ColumbiaAssociation.org
YTC @ The Barn is a multi-purpose, two-story facility where teens can access a computer lab, watch movies, play Wii or XBOX on a large flat screen TV, or enjoy billiard tables, air hockey, ping pong and various board games in the recreation room. Upstairs features a mini-gym for basketball, volleyball and other games and activities, as well as a snack bar run by the entrepreneurial program.
The Drop-In Program
Monday-Friday, 2:30-6pm during the school year, 2-7pm during the summer
Registration is required for The Drop-In. Serving all of Howard County and Columbia, the program operates year round, after school, during the summer and some weekends. Recreational and educational programs are designed to promote self-esteem and develop relevant life skills. Check YTC Monthly Activities calendar for the special activity planned for each day. The program is open to registered YTC participants ages 9-18 years old. The registration fee is $80 per participant, $50 for each additional participant.
- Drop-In Recreation and Enrichment Program registration form
- Drop-In Recreation and Enrichment Program supplemental information form
- Drop-in Recreation and Enrichment Program guidelines
See what else is going on at the Youth & Teen Center @ The Barn
Teens and middle schoolers invited to help plan fun events and programs for Howard County youth
- If you think there is nothing for youth and teens to do in Columbia, then here is your opportunity to get involved and be a part of the solution.
- Columbia Association is seeking members for its Teen Advisory Committee and Middle School Advisory Committee, which help plan, organize and implement positive programs and activities. All middle and high school students who live in Howard County are welcome.
- Students can develop leadership skills, meet like-minded peers from across the county and earn community service hours. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month, 6:30-7:30pm at the Youth and Teen Center at The Barn, 5853 Robert Oliver Place in the Oakland Mills Village Center.
- Those interested in applying are asked to call 410-992-3726, email CATeens@ColumbiaAssociation.org or visit the Youth and Teen Center.