What is Fit Beginnings?
An eight-week, $80 Physician Referral Program designed to help you successfully integrate regular exercise into your lifestyle. Columbia Association (CA) Fitness Professionals will provide you with the guidance, motivation, and support needed to help you get the most out of the program.
As a Fit Beginnings participant, you receive:
- A fitness professional works with you to develop an exercise regime that meets your time and fitness goals. (Includes an initial consultation, two fitness trainings, and a follow up consultation).
- A one hour nutrition class taught by a certified nutritionist helps you learn healthy eating habits.
- Full access to all programs and services that CA’s fitness facilities have to offer. Classes such as Tai Chi, yoga or aerobics for mature adults improve strength, flexibility, stability and stamina in a fun, social atmosphere. Water exercise in CA’s indoor hot water therapy pool provides buoyancy to cushion impact on joints, making this an ideal form of exercise for individuals with arthritis or those recovering from an injury.
Ask your doctor how to get started. Take this Physician Referral Form to your next appointment.
As a Fit Beginnings participant, you can:
- Obtain more energy.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Get stronger.
- Reduce joint pain.
- Improve flexibility.
- Manage stress.
- Breathe better.
For More Information, you can…
- Download a Referral Form here, take it to your medical practitioner, and fax completed copy to 443-283-4247.
- Call CA’s Community Health Director, 410-715-3128
- Email: MedicalReferralPrograms@columbiaassociation.org
- Complete the following form: