What is Fit Beginnings?
An eight-week, $80 physician-referral program designed to help you successfully integrate regular exercise into your lifestyle. Columbia Association (CA) fitness professionals will provide you with the guidance, motivation and support needed to help you get the most out of the program.
As a Fit Beginnings participant, you receive:
- A fitness professional works with you to develop an exercise regime that meets your time and fitness goals. (Includes an initial consultation, two fitness trainings, and a follow-up consultation).
- A Giant Food grocery store tour with a registered dietitian helps you learn more about healthy eating.
- Full access to many of the programs and services that CA’s fitness clubs have to offer. Classes such as tai chi, yoga or aerobics for mature adults improve strength, flexibility, stability and stamina in a fun, social atmosphere. Water exercise in Columbia Athletic Club’s indoor hot water therapy pool provides buoyancy to cushion impact on joints, making this an ideal form of exercise for individuals with arthritis or those recovering from an injury.
Ask your doctor how to get started. Take this Physician Referral Form to your next appointment.
As a Fit Beginnings participant, you can:
- Obtain more energy.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Get stronger.
- Reduce joint pain.
- Improve flexibility.
- Manage stress.
- Breathe better.
For More Information, you can…
- Download the Physician Referral Form here, take it to your medical practitioner, and fax a completed copy to 443-283-4247.
- Call CA’s community health director, Shawni Paraska, at 410-715-3128
- Email MedicalReferralPrograms@ColumbiaAssociation.org
- Complete the following form: