No matter your age or income, Columbia Association (CA) offers affordable opportunities to gain membership and take advantage of our programs, services, and events. CA offers income-qualified memberships.
To receive income-qualified pricing, you must live on a property assessed by CA and provide ONE of the following address verification documents (original documents, not copies):
- Non-expired driver’s license
- Bank statement
- Current BGE bill
- Deed to your house
- Current lease from a Property Management Company
Reduced rates are available for residents who live or work full-time on property protected by the CA covenants, and whose household income is within the federally-based guidelines shown below. If you are interested in participating, please complete the appropriate application and return it to the Customer and Member Service Center at 6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100, Columbia. Your applications must be accompanied by a computer-generated transcript of your current year’s tax return, Section 8 Housing Verification from HUD, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Our applications are offered both in English and Spanish.
- Income-Qualified Application for Memberships – May 2019 through April 2020
- Income-Qualified Application for camps, School Age Services, and international exchange programs – Summer 2019 & 2019-2020 School Year
Note: You must live or work on CA-assessed property to receive an income-qualified rate.
Income-Qualified Access Guidelines
Effective through April 30, 2020
|FAMILY SIZE||GROSS INCOME:|
For 50% discount on all memberships, Columbia Neighborhood Swim League*, and group swim lessons*
For 50% discounts on camps, Before and After School Care, and some Sister Cities programs
|GROSS INCOME: For 75% discount — ONLY on CA Camps|
*Must have income-qualified membership with CA to receive income-qualified discounts on swim lessons and Columbia Neighborhood Swim League.
Ordering your computer generated transcript from the IRS online:
- Go to IRS.gov
- Under the Tools Heading, click on Order a Return or Account Transcript
- This will take you to a screen which will ask you to enter your Social Security number, birthday and address. (Note: if you filed a joint tax return, you must enter the Social Security number of the primary filer).
- On the next page, you will be prompted for Type of Transcript. Select Return Transcript.
The IRS will mail your transcript to you. The IRS suggests that it will take 5-10 days for its receipt. You may want to allow 2-3 weeks.
CA Customer and Member Service Center is available during working hours (Monday through Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday from 10am to 2pm) to answer any questions about memberships. Call 410-730-1801 or email CMSC@ColumbiaAssociation.org for assistance.