No matter your age or income, Columbia Association (CA) offers affordable opportunities to gain membership and take advantage of our programs, services, and events. CA offers income-qualified memberships.
To receive income-qualified pricing, you must live on a property assessed by CA and provide ONE of the following address verification documents (original documents, not copies):
- Non-expired driver’s license
- Bank statement
- Current BGE bill
- Deed to your house
- Current lease from a Property Management Company
Reduced rates are available for residents who live or work full-time on property protected by the CA covenants, and whose household income is within the federally-based guidelines shown below. If you are interested in participating, please complete the appropriate application and return it to the Customer and Member Service Center at 6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100, Columbia. Your applications must be accompanied by a computer-generated transcript of your current year’s tax return, Section 8 Housing Verification from HUD, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Our applications are offered both in English and Spanish.
- Income-Qualified Application for Memberships – 2019
- Income-Qualified Application for camps, School Age Services, and international exchange programs – Summer 2018 & 2018-2019 School Year
Note: You must live or work on CA-assessed property to receive an income-qualified rate.
Do I have to live in Columbia to belong to Columbia Association?
No. Anyone can purchase a membership. Those residing or working full-time on property protected by CA covenants receive a discount on membership prices.
Income-Qualified Access Guidelines
Effective through April 30, 2019
|FAMILY SIZE||GROSS INCOME:|
For 50% discount on all memberships
For discounts on camps, School Age Services, and international exchange programs
Ordering your computer generated transcript from the IRS on-line
- Go to IRS.gov
- Under the Tools Heading, click on Order a Return or Account Transcript
- This will take you to a screen which will ask you to enter your Social Security number, birthday and address. (Note: if you filed a joint tax return, you must enter the Social Security number of the primary filer.)
- On the next page, you will be prompted for Type of Transcript. Select Return Transcript.
The IRS will mail your transcript to you. The IRS suggests that it will take 5-10 days for its receipt. You may want to allow 2-3 weeks.
Columbia Association’s (CA) Customer and Member Service Center is available during working hours (Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm) to answer any questions about memberships. Call 410-730-1801 or email CMSC@ColumbiaAssociation.org for assistance.