Out In The Open (Space): Updates for Week of March 22, 2021
We are just marching our way through the month, aren’t we (just cracking ourselves up over here)? Spring is officially upon us!
Here’s what’s going on this week in Open Space:
- A new metal play structure is going in this week at RH-24 (Distant Thunder) to replace the old wooden equipment that has already been removed. The project should take about five days to complete, weather permitting.
- Here’s a reminder to be attentive while walking around Lake Elkhorn. Flaggers will guide pedestrians and cyclists around the construction teams that continue to do work along a stretch of path on the north side of the lake (marked in red below). Please respect their directions, and thank you again for your patience!
- Learn more about going solar this week with a free webinar! CA and Civic Works will provide information on the tax credit program and how to get involved. You can join us on Zoom starting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, March 24. Click here for the details.
- GREAT NEWS! The state DNR awarded CA’s Open Space team with a $4,000 grant. That money will help offset costs of the upcoming Columbia Cleans Day on May 1. Congrats, team!
- Kings Contrivance will host its spring Pull & Plant event on Saturday, March 28. Space is limited in order to adhere to capacity and distancing guidelines. A Pull & Plant event is also scheduled in Hickory Ridge on Sunday, April 18.
- Don’t forget about our 1K with CA tree planting initiative this year. With the help of our village associations, CA is aiming to plant 1,000 trees in the Columbia community this year. We already have a distanced planting event planned for Owen Brown in April. Contact your village and encourage them to participate!
- Spring has sprung, which means more opportunities for #ColumbiaWildlife photos. Post your pictures with the hashtag #ColumbiaWildlife and keep an eye out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for your animal shot.