Columbia Association Before and After School Care
Columbia Association offers the following Before and After School Care Programs: 1.) A.M. Program, 2.) P.M. Program and 3.) School’s Closed Programs.
In conjunction with Columbia’s 50th Birthday celebration, the children in the School Age Services programs learned about James Rouse and built their own “ideal” cities of the future.
Please read the guidelines for outdoor play in the before and after school child care programs:
According to our licensing regulations, we are required to “include outdoor play in the morning and afternoon except that outdoor need not be included when the weather is inclement” (COMAR 13A.16.09)
Outdoor play is temperature and water dependent – there will be no outdoor play if there is rain or sleet; there can be limited play during a light snowfall, provided temperature conditions permit.
Parents, PLEASE see that your child has hat and gloves every day, as our licensing requirements state that we will take children outside as stated below.
- COMFORTABLE FOR OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures down to 32 (actual or wind chill) – children may have unlimited play, with proper clothing.
- CAUTION – SHORTER (10 – 15 MINUTES) OF OUTDOOR PLAY – Temperatures 13-32 (actual or wind-chill) – children can go outside for 10-15 minutes with proper clothing (coat, hat or hood, gloves).
- NO OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures below 13 (actual or wind-chill) – children will not be taken outside
In order to register a child for the morning and/or afternoon program, a registration form, and a Columbia Association health inventory form completed by a physician, must be submitted along with the required fees. Registrations are accepted at CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court in Columbia, from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Forms can also be mailed to Columbia Association, SAS, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21046.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, space-available basis until Aug. 18, 2017. Registrations will not be accepted Aug. 19 to Sept. 5, 2017, and will resume on Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017.
Serving the all-day Pre-K 4-year old programs at the following schools, only— Children must be potty-trained to participate in these programs.
- Bryant Woods
- Phelps Luck
- Running Brook
- Stevens Forest
- Talbott Springs
Before and After School Care Forms
- 2017-2018 Registration Form and Information
- Change in Contact Information
- Change in Enrollment
- Health Inventory Form: Please note: No other forms may be submitted. No substitutions.
- 2017-2018 Income Qualified Application
- One Time Credit Card Payment Form: Secure Online Form (This form is for a one time only Monthly Payment and is not to be used for the Annual Payment Option. Please use the Payment Options Form below).
- Medication order form/Medication administered form (Must now be completed by a physician).
- Parent Handbook (2017-2017)
The following options can be used to make a payment for Before and After School Care:
- Option One: an annual payment plan with one payment due August 1, 2017 which gives a 10% discount.
- Option Two: a bi-annual two payment plan with payments due August 1, 2017 and January 10, 2018 which gives a 5% discount.
- Option Three: automatic debit from a credit card.
- Option Four: automatic debit from a checking account.
- Option Five: a monthly bill.
CA SAS- Registration
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100,
Columbia, MD 21046
Before and After School Care are offered at the following locations:
- Dunloggin Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Burleigh Manor Middle School
- Hammond Middle School
- Lake Elkhorn Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Harper’s Choice, Oakland Mills and Wilde Lake Middle schools.
- AM Program: For elementary school students only. From 7am until the school day begins. Students attend the Before School Care program at their school.
- PM Program: For elementary and middle school students. From after school until 6pm. Elementary school students attend the After School Care program at their school. Middle school students attend after school care programs at Lake Elkhorn, Dunloggin or Hammond. Transportation is provided from Wilde Lake Middle School, Oakland Mills Middle School, Harper’s Choice Middle School and Burleigh Manor Middle School.
On most days when schools are scheduled to be closed, a program is offered at one consolidated location. Registration will be available through the online Customer Service System approximately four weeks before the program day, with a deadline of two weeks before. Fliers and regular registration forms will also be available online for the same time period.
Registration for full day programs is required for all children planning to attend- including children enrolled in the Full-day Payment Plan. Full day programs are available to children in grades Pre-K 4 to grade 8. (Children do not need to be participants in our regular before and after care to attend a full pay program.
Full-Day programs will be provided on the following dates:
- Sept. 21 and 22, 2017
- Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
- Dec. 26-29, 2017
- Feb. 16 and 19, 2018
- March 30, April 2-6, 2018
- Sunday, May 18, 2018
Please note that CA will not hold Full-Day programs on the following dates:
- Monday, Sept. 4, 2017
- Nov. 23 and 24, 2017
- Monday, Dec. 25, 2017
- Jan. 1 and 15, 2018
- Monday, May 28, 2018
- Tax information:The tax identification number is 52-0823992. The Columbia Association’s School Age Services Department does not provide a statement for taxes. A copy of your monthly bill should be kept for this purpose.
Registration- In order to register a child for the morning and/or afternoon program, a registration form, and a Columbia Association health inventory form completed by a physician, must be submitted along with the required fees. Registrations are accepted at the CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court in Columbia, from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Forms can also be mailed to Columbia Association, SAS, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21046.
- Income Qualified Application: Reduced rate is available for Howard County residents only for School Age Services, as the programs are held in the public schools, whose household income is within the Columbia Association guidelines. The income-qualified applicationand the required documents must accompany the registration form and required fees. For information about the reduced rate program, download the income-qualified application. Purchase of Care through the Maryland Department of Social Services is also accepted.
- Requirements to Administer Medication: Any medication that may need to be administered during the before or after care program must be accompanied by a Medication Order Form that has been signed by a physician. This includes rescue inhalers and Epi-pens. Please check the forms section above to download the form.