Columbia Association offers the following Before and After School Care Programs:
- A.M. Program
- P.M. Program
- School’s Closed Programs.
Before and After School Care registration for families with currently enrolled students
Information on how to register for the new school year will be emailed to you by Monday, April 8. If you have not received an email by the close of business on April 8, please contact us at SAS@ColumbiaAssociation.org
Before and After School Care registration for new families
You will then receive an emailed survey that must be completed to finalize your Space Reservation Request. This survey will help us ensure that we are holding a spot in the right program and can help us clear people off the waitlist.
Once you have completed the survey, the space will be held for you until you bring in the required paperwork and the $50/per child registration fee to CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia. You may visit any time between 9am and 4pm from Monday, June 10 through Tuesday, June 18.
You will not have to wait until Tuesday, June 18 — nor will you need to line up on Monday, June 10. As long as you have signed up for a space reservation, completed the survey and submitted your paperwork by 4pm on Tuesday, June 18, you have a spot.
Due to the paperwork required by the Maryland State Department of Education, our ability to register online is limited. Space in our programs is extremely limited in some schools, and traditionally we have had long lines (sometimes people staying overnight) for open registration.
For current CA members: You are already in the system and will access the appointment scheduler using that membership.
If you do not already have online credentials, or if your child is not on your membership, please contact us by Friday, May 24 at SAS@ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-715-3164 and we will set you up with credentials — and if needed, we will add your child to your account.
If you have been a member in the past, have visited a CA facility for a class, had a birthday party for your child at a CA facility, had a child in before and after school care with us in a previous (not current) school year or attended a CA summer camp program, you should already be in the system. Please contact us by noon on Friday, May 24 at SAS@ColumbiaAssociation.org and we can check to see if you are in the system.
For those of you who DO NOT meet any of the criteria above, who are new to the Before and After School Care Program: You will need to set up a guest account.
Click here for instructions on how to create a guest account. You can do this at any time, but it should be completed by Friday, May 24.
Each location will have enough appointment slots for the number of open mornings and after care spaces. Once these slots are filled, we will have a waitlist available. If you have a waitlist appointment, you may drop off the required registration paperwork at any time between 9am and 4pm on Monday, June 17 and Tuesday, June 18. Unfortunately, we do not know how many spaces will open up if you are waitlisted.
You or a responsible adult must bring the completed Registration Form and Health Inventory and $50 per child registration fee (waitlisted people do not need to bring the fee) to Columbia Association Headquarters (6310 Hillside Court, Columbia — near the emissions testing center). The paperwork will be reviewed and, if it is in order, your child’s registration or place on the waitlist will be confirmed.
Serving the all-day Pre-K 4-year old programs at the following schools only— Children must be potty-trained to participate in these programs.
- Bryant Woods
- Phelps Luck
- Running Brook
- Stevens Forest
- Talbott Springs
Before and After School Care Forms
- 2018-2019 Registration Form and Information
- 2019-2020 Registration form and Information
- Change in Contact Information
- Change in Enrollment
- Health Inventory Form: Please note: No other forms may be submitted. No substitutions.
- 2019-2020 Payment Option Form
- 2019-2020 Income Qualified Application
- One Time Credit Card Payment Form: Secure Online Credit Card Payment Form (This form is for a one-time only monthly payment and is not to be used for the annual, biannual, or automated payment options. Please use the Payment Options Form below).
- Medication order form/Medication administered form (Must now be completed by a physician).
- Parent Handbook (2019-2020)
Tuition is paid one month in advance. The payment made by August 5th is for service in the month of September; the payment made in September is for service in the month of October. Final payment for the year is May, for service in the month of June.
There is no payment due in June.
The following options can be used to make a payment for Before and After School Care:
- Option 1: an annual payment plan with one payment due August 1, 2019, which gives a 10% discount.
- Option 2: a biannual two payment plan with payments due August 1, 2019, and January 5, 2020, which gives a 5% discount.
- Option 3: an automatic debit from a credit card.
- Option 4: an automatic debit from a checking account.
- Option 5: a monthly bill which will be emailed to you.
6310 Hillside Ct
Columbia, MD 21046
For the annual and biannual options: If you would like to pay by check, a paper form is available upon request.
Payments by credit card and changes to automated monthly payments can only be made through the Secure Online Payment Options Form.
For Option 5, payments can be made in one of the following ways:
- Directly into your School Age Services billing account at the link below. Please note that this is a separate account and login page from the CA member system.
- By mail or in person:
Columbia Association SAS
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100
Columbia, Maryland 21046
Payments should be mailed with enough time to allow for mail delays, payment must be received by the fifth day of the month.
- Credit card payment can also be made using our one time Secure Online Credit Card Payment Form
Before and After School Care are offered at the following locations:
- Dunloggin Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Burleigh Manor Middle School
- Hammond Middle School
- Lake Elkhorn Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Harper’s Choice, Oakland Mills and Wilde Lake Middle schools.
- AM Program: For elementary school students only. From 7am until the school day begins. Students attend the Before School Care program at their school.
- PM Program: For elementary and middle school students. From after school until 6pm. Elementary school students attend the After School Care program at their school. Middle school students attend after school care programs at Lake Elkhorn, Dunloggin or Hammond. Transportation is provided from Wilde Lake Middle School, Oakland Mills Middle School, Harper’s Choice Middle School and Burleigh Manor Middle School.
On most days when schools are scheduled to be closed, a program is offered at one consolidated location. Registration will be available through the online Customer Service System approximately four weeks before the program day, with a deadline of two weeks before. Fliers and regular registration forms will also be available online for the same time period.
Please note: We will no longer accept credit card payments using the paper registration form; parents wanting to use a credit card will have to register using the online system.
Registration for full day programs is required for all children planning to attend- including children enrolled in the Full-day Payment Plan. Full day programs are available to children in grades Pre-K 4 to grade 8. (Children do not need to be participants in our regular before and after care to attend a full pay program.
If you need help logging in or registering online please view the tutorial .PDFs below.
Full-Day programs will be provided on the following dates for the 2019-2020 school year:
Printable Important Dates to Remember List
|Monday, September 30, 2019||Friday, Sept. 13, 2019|
|Wednesday, October 9, 2019||Friday, Sept. 20, 2019|
|Friday, October 18, 2019||Friday, October 4, 2019|
|Wednesday, November 27, 2019||Friday, November 15, 2019 (Winter Break)|
|Monday and Tuesday, December 23 and 24, 2019*, Friday, 2019 and Thursday and Friday, December 26 and 27, 2019||December 6, 2019|
|Monday, January 27, 2020||Friday, January 10, 2020 (Spring Break)|
|Monday, April 6-Friday, April 10, 2020 & Monday, April 13, 2020||Friday, March 20, 2020|
Please note that CA will not hold Full-Day programs on the following dates:
|Monday||September 2, 2019|
|Thursday and Friday||November 28-29, 2019|
|Wednesday||December 25, 2019|
|Wednesday||January 1, 2020|
|Monday||January 20, 2020|
|Monday||February 17, 2020|
|Tuesday||April 28, 2020 (Election Day)|
|Monday||May 25, 2020|
When schools are scheduled for early closing, a program is provided for children enrolled in the after-school program at the child’s regular program site from the time school ends until the normal closing time of 6pm. There is no extra charge for these extra hours of care. When school is closed early due to an emergency, inclement weather or mechanical failure, our programs will not operate. No credits or adjustments for unused time will be given.
Printable Important Dates to Remember List
EARLY CLOSING DATES:
|Friday||November 1, 2019|
|Monday and Tuesday||November 25 and 26, 2019|
|Thursday||February 13, 2020|
|Friday||April 3, 2020|
|Friday||May 15, 2020|
|Thursday and Friday||June 11 and 12, 2020*|
|Monday||June 15, 2020*|
Please note: For Friday, February 14 aftercare will be closed for mandatory staff training.
*Date subject to change based on snow day make-up.
When Howard County public schools are closed due to inclement weather, Before and After School programs are canceled. When school closes early due to an emergency, inclement weather or mechanical failure, the after school program is canceled. When school opening is delayed, the morning program will be delayed by the same amount of time. For notifications related to Before and After School programs, please visit the Howard County Public School System website,
Please read the guidelines for outdoor play in the before and after school child care programs:
According to our licensing regulations, we are required to “include outdoor play in the morning and afternoon except that outdoor need not be included when the weather is inclement” (COMAR 13A.16.09)
Outdoor play is temperature and water-dependent – there will be no outdoor play if there is rain or sleet; there can be limited play during a light snowfall, provided temperature conditions permit.
Parents, on cold weather days, PLEASE see that your child has a hat and gloves every day, as our licensing requirements state that we will take children outside as stated below.
- COMFORTABLE FOR OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures from 80 down to 32 (actual or wind chill) – children may have unlimited play, with proper clothing.
- CAUTION – SHORTER (10 – 15 MINUTES) OF OUTDOOR PLAY – Temperatures 13-32 (actual or wind-chill) – children can go outside for 10-15 minutes with proper clothing (coat, hat or hood, gloves).
- CAUTION- SHORTER (20-30 MINUTES) OF OUTDOOR PLAY- temperatures from 81 to 99.
- NO OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures below 13 (actual or wind-chill) or 100 and above– children will not be taken outside.
- Tax information:The tax identification number is 52-0823992. The Columbia Association’s School Age Services Department does not provide a statement for taxes. A copy of your monthly bill should be kept for this purpose.
Registration- In order to register a child for the morning and/or afternoon program, a registration form, and a Columbia Association health inventory form completed by a physician, must be submitted along with the required fees. Registrations are accepted at the CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court in Columbia, from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Forms can also be mailed to Columbia Association, SAS, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21046.
- Income Qualified Application: Reduced rate is available for Howard County residents only for School Age Services, as the programs are held in the public schools, whose household income is within the Columbia Association guidelines. The income-qualified application and the required documents must accompany the registration form and required fees. For information about the reduced rate program, download the income-qualified application. Purchase of Care through the Maryland Department of Social Services is also accepted.
- Requirements to Administer Medication: Any medication that may need to be administered during the before or after care program must be accompanied by a Medication Order Form that has been signed by a physician. This includes rescue inhalers and Epi-pens. Please check the forms section above to download the form.