Columbia Association Before and After School Care
Columbia Association offers the following Before and After School Care Programs: 1.) A.M. Program, 2.) P.M. Program and 3.) School’s Closed Programs.
Please read the guidelines for outdoor play in the before and after school child care programs:
According to our licensing regulations, we are required to “include outdoor play in the morning and afternoon except that outdoor need not be included when the weather is inclement” (COMAR 13A.16.09)
Outdoor play is temperature and water dependent – there will be no outdoor play if there is rain or sleet; there can be limited play during a light snowfall, provided temperature conditions permit.
Parents, PLEASE see that your child has hat and gloves every day, as our licensing requirements state that we will take children outside as stated below.
- COMFORTABLE FOR OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures down to 32 (actual or wind chill) – children may have unlimited play, with proper clothing.
- CAUTION – SHORTER (10 – 15 MINUTES) OF OUTDOOR PLAY – Temperatures 13-32 (actual or wind-chill) – children can go outside for 10-15 minutes with proper clothing (coat, hat or hood, gloves).
- NO OUTDOOR PLAY – temperatures below 13 (actual or wind-chill) – children will not be taken outside
Completed registration packets are accepted on a first come space available basis at the main CA office located at 6310 Hillside Ct Suite 100, Columbia 21046 from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Serving the all-day Pre-K 4-year old programs at the following schools, only— Children must be potty-trained to participate in these programs.
- Bryant Woods
- Phelps Luck
- Running Brook
- Stevens Forest
- Talbott Springs
Before and After School Care Forms
- 2016- 2017 Registration Form and Information
- Change in Contact Information
- Change in Enrollment
- Health Inventory Form: Please note: No other forms may be submitted. No substitutions.
- Low to Moderate Income Application: 2016-2017 form will be available soon
- Income Qualified Application
- One Time Credit Card Payment Form: Secure Online Form (This form is for a one time only Monthly Payment and is not to be used for the Annual Payment Option. Please use the Payment Options Form below).
- Medication order form/Medication administered form (Must now be completed by a physician).
- Parent Handbook (2016-2017)
The following options can be used to make payment for Before and After School Care:
- Option One: an annual payment plan with one payment due August 10, 2016 which gives a 10% discount.
- Option Two: a bi-annual two payment plan with payments due August 10, 2016 and January 10, 2017 which gives a 5% discount.
- Option Three: automatic debit from a credit card.
- Option Four: automatic debit from a checking account.
- Option Five: a monthly bill.
CA SAS- Registration
6310 Hillside Court, Suite 100,
Columbia, MD 21046
Before and After School Care are offered at the following locations:
- Dunloggin Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Burleigh Manor Middle School
- Hammond Middle School
- Lake Elkhorn Middle School
- CA will provide transportation from Harper’s Choice, Oakland Mills and Wilde Lake Middle schools.
- A.M. Program: For elementary school students only. From 7 a.m. until the school day begins. Students attend the at their school.
- P.M. Program: For elementary and middle school students. From after school until 6 p.m. Elementary school students attend the after school care program at their school. Middle school students attend after school care program at Lake Elkhorn, Dunloggin or Hammond.
- School’s Closed Programs: Offered on most days when school is scheduled to be closed all day. Requires a separate registration form. Children need not be registered in the A.M./P.M. programs to register for Full Day Programs.
Full Day programs will be provided on the following dates.
Additional dates for Full Day programs:
- April 10-14and 17 (Register Now!)
- Friday, May 19
Now accepting registrations through the online Customer Service System Spectrum NG
- Monday, Sept. 5
- Tuesday, Nov. 8
- Nov. 24 and 25
- Monday, Dec. 26
- Monday, Jan. 16
- Monday, May 29
- Tax information: The tax identification number is 52-0823992. The Columbia Association’s School Aged Services Department does not provide a statement for taxes. A copy of your monthly bill should be kept for this purpose.
Registration- In order to register a child for the morning and/or afternoon program, a registration form, a special care plan and a health inventory must be completed by a physician. Registrations are accepted at the CA Headquarters, 6310 Hillside Court in Columbia, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Forms can also be mailed to Columbia Association, SAS, 6310 Hillside Court, Columbia, MD 21044. Income Qualified Application: Reduced rate is available for Howard County residents only for School Age Services, as the programs are held in the public schools, whose household income is within the Columbia Association guidelines. The income-qualified application and the required documents must accompany the registration form and required fees.For information about the reduced rate program, download the income-qualified application. Purchase of Care through the Maryland Department of Social Services is also accepted.Requirements to Administer Medication: Any medication that may need to be administered during the before or after care program must be accompanied by a Medication Order Form that has been signed by a physician. This included rescue inhalers and Epi-pens. Please check the forms section above to download the form.